About the Recipe
* 1 batch flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 ½ Tbsp water)
* 2 medium-size ripe bananas
* 2 ½ tsp baking powder
* 1 ½ Tbsp oil (such as avocado oil or olive )
* 1 cup dairy-free milk (I used unsweetened almond)
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* 1/4 GF rolled oats from @onedegree
* 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used the one from Trader Joe’s)
* 1/4 cup dairy-free dark or semisweet chocolate chips.
1. Prepare flax egg, combine flaxseed and water, stir, and allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
2. Add peeled bananas and baking powder to the flax egg and mash well with a fork until only small chunks remain. Add in oil and whisk to combine. Then add dairy-free milk and stir to combine.
3. Add salt and oats and stir again. Then add gluten-free flour and stir until just combined. Finally, add chocolate chips and stir once more.
4. The batter should be cake-like in texture. If too thin, add more flour. If too thick, add more milk.
5. Preheat waffle iron. Brush with oil.
6. cook waffles for 5min each.
7. Once ready, add more chocolate chips, vegan butter or nut butter, and maple syrup (optional).