A waffles recipe is always perfect when you are needing a tasty breakfast to make. These Chocolate Chip Banana Waffles are perfect for breakfast, brunch, dinner or even dessert!
Everyone will love these Chocolate Chip Banana Waffles!
* 1 batch flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 ½ Tbsp water)
* 2 medium-size ripe bananas
* 2 ½ tsp baking powder
* 1 ½ Tbsp neutral oil (such as avocado oil or melted vegan butter)
* 1 cup dairy-free milk (I used unsweetened almond)
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* 1/4 GF rolled oats from @onedegree
* 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used the one from Trader Joe’s)
* 1/4 cup dairy-free dark or semisweet chocolate chips.
1. Prepare flax egg, combine flaxseed and water, stir, and allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
2. Add peeled bananas and baking powder to the flax egg and mash well with a fork until only small chunks remain. Add in oil and whisk to combine. Then add dairy-free milk and stir to combine.
3. Add salt and oats and stir again. Then add gluten-free flour and stir until just combined. Finally, add chocolate chips and stir once more.
4. The batter should be cake-like in texture. If too thin, add more flour. If too thick, add more milk.
5. Preheat waffle iron. Brush with oil.
6. Cook waffles for 5min each.
7. Once ready, add more chocolate chips, vegan butter or nut butter, and maple syrup (optional).
8. ENJOY IT!!!